Following hotly on the heels of Decorex Durban, the Cape Town leg of Decorex Africa is set to captivate the Mother City from 30 April to 3 May 2020 when it takes place at the Cape Town International Convention Centre (CTICC). Decorex Africa, the continent’s biggest décor, design and lifestyle exhibition, is always highly anticipated – and we can’t wait for the second instalment of this prestigious event in 2020, which showcases the latest products and trends from top designers, décor professionals and industry experts.
The theme for Decorex Africa 2020 is ‘Lifestyle by Design’, an embracive approach that allows you to design your life the way you want it to be. Lifestyle by Design is about freedom, reclaiming your time and doing things you like.
According to Decorex Africa’s Creative Director Anita Bloom, who fastened on this year’s theme: “Design is the essence of life and speaks to our collective search for the things that bring us essential happiness. Through our constantly changing lifestyles and the urge to create sanctuaries in our home spaces, we find those moments of calm and empowerment, as well as optimism and luxury. Beauty needs space to flourish, and Decorex presents a canvas onto which exquisite design is curated, celebrated and experienced.”
Visitors to Decorex Cape Town will find this year’s theme amply illustrated by a wide range of fabulous all-new feature installations that talk to the latest trends and are set to inject the show with a crisp sense of newness. These new features include:
- Insta-Interiors – a brand-new feature showcasing the latest décor trends to hit the African shores, including New Nordic, Contemporary Organic, Afro/Tribal meets European Mix, Modern Chinoiserie and the Neon trend. Stripe Interiors, headed by rising young interior designer Shandé van Rooyen is just one of the participating designers who will bring these trends to life.
- 2020 Trends Installation – another brand-new feature showcasing Decorex Creative Director Anita Bloom’s Top 10 trends for the year.
- Instudio Trend Theatre (a free-flow forum where leading design influencers, manufacturers and décor professionals share their insights)
- Fabric Trend Bar (the latest in decorative fabrics and trimmings for the corporate, hospitality and residential décor market)
Decorex Cape Town is placing a single creative in the Designer Spotlight for 2020 – Ernst H Interiors. This furniture and interior design studio will showcase sophisticated designer-maker solutions. Other featured designers will showcase their talents in the Designer Pavilion, a dynamic installation featuring the work of local Capetonian designers and their interpretation of the show’s theme ‘Lifestyle by Design’.
On the home front, both trade and residential visitors will be intrigued by:
- The Apartment Project (a collaboration with one of South Africa’s top furniture and décor suppliers along with two interior designers styling two apartments)
- Lighting by Design (a collaboration with one of South Africa’s top lighting suppliers)
- Bathroom by Design (introducing trends from some of Cape Town’s top bathroom)-
- #withlovefromDecorex featuring Mobelli Furniture + Living (a selection of gorgeous contemporary furniture chosen by the Decorex team)
- Mobelli Furniture + Living Trend House – Urban Living by Design (including a home space that reflects the Cape Town lifestyle)
- Appliance feature by Tafelberg (the finest appliances and home technology)
Here in South Africa our sunny, temperate climate makes for fabulous outdoor living opportunities and Decorex understands this only too well. Those looking to make their outdoors great can visit:
- Outdoor Living Collab (the latest in garden equipment, technology and landscaping)
- 100% Outdoor – 100% Design South Africa’s annual pavilion at Decorex Cape Town is curated with the Hospitality industry in mind. Interior designers who are working on outside areas for restaurants and hotels will find a wealth of style-savvy solutions for commercial patios, balconies and gardens
Dedicated gourmands will flock to the professional kitchen solutions and wealth of inspiration to be found at:
- Trend Kitchen by Cosentino (where living areas melt into the working areas of the kitchen)
- Kitchen Design Project (local kitchen designers will create themed kitchens)
- Gourmet with Love (a showcase of the best in kitchenware)
- Gourmet Cooking Theatre (where celebrated chefs cook up a storm)
“The Decorex Cape Town programme presents a range of new, exciting installations that engage with global trends within an African context,” explains Sian Cullingworth, Portfolio Director at Reed Exhibitions. “Top designers, manufacturers and suppliers will share their take on current trends, interpreting what Lifestyle by Design is all about.”
After this stimulating array of #inspo and solutions that will allow you to design your home the way you want it to be, you can recharge at the many cafés, bars and restaurants on site. Expect locally sourced ingredients, internationally acclaimed wines, local craft beers and so much more! There’ll also be a market at the event for the duration of the show.
As ever, Decorex Cape Town will provide a powerhouse of inspiration for the interior design, décor and architectural industries and is hosting a special trade-focused day on 30 April 2020. Members of the profession will receive complimentary trade access to the show if they register online ahead of the event. Trade professionals who do not pre-register online will be able to purchase trade access tickets at the gate at a reduced rate.
Don’t miss out on the ultimate Lifestyle by Design experience – book your tickets for Decorex Cape Town 2020 now! Tickets are available at the ticketing desk located at the entrance to the show at the CTICC. Online ticketing information is available via www.decorex.co.za.
Adults – R95
Students/Pensioners – R85
Kids U12 – R20
Trade/Exhibitor – R85
TRADE FOCUSED DAY
30 April 2020
30 April to 3 May 2020
10h00 to 18h00 from Friday to Sunday
For more information about Decorex Africa 2020:
Please visit http://www.reedexpoafrica.co.za/decorex/ | Contact +27 (0)11 549 8300 | email email@example.com.
Follow Decorex Africa on social media:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/decorexafrica/ – @decorexafrica
Twitter: https://twitter.com/decorexSA – @decorexSA
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/decorexafrica/ – @decorexafrica
Diarise all three Decorex Africa shows:
- Decorex Durban 2020, from 19-22 March 2020 at Durban Exhibition Centre
- Decorex Cape Town 2020 from 30 April to 3 May 2020 at Cape Town International Convention Centre (CTICC)
- Decorex Joburg 2020, from 6-10 August 2020 at Gallagher Convention Centre